Friday, February 12, 2010

Play it Again Clint...

I have ambitions of one day writing my own movie. What that movie will be about, hell if I know. But I have always been amazed with the art of film.Recently though, I have stumbled across many musical gems by watching films that normally I would have bypassed some years ago. Though Garden State was a slightly above average coming of New Age love story, the soundtrack rocked like ages. Simon and Garfunkel were the only familiar names amongst the remaining Indie acts that included such names as Remy Zero, I am determined  for that to be the name of my second born, Zero 7 and Frou Frou.

However, the best find came from the most peculiar of all places: Clint  Eastwood's Changeling. I won't go into too much detail about the movie's plot, Angelina Jolie plays a mother who has lost her son and bad stuff ensues, but I will tell you that the opening and closing scores are somberly magnificent. The melancholy horn sounds like a missing take from a Mile's session as Eastwood, yes this man composes too, creates a pleasant fusion of jazz and classical. Below is the closing score so enjoy and save me some Goobers the next time you go to the movies.









1 comment:

  1. if you're interested in more simon & garfunkel (and don't mind the flashback), i highly recommend the soundtrack of a big, little movie called The Graduate.

    ReplyDelete