Sunday, June 27, 2010

(Last Poem....For Now)

July is crunch time  in regards to some goals that I "NEED" to accomplish by the year's end. Therefore, all artistic energy will be focused on the album, book and other endeavors. 2010 is suppose to be the year "I" win, so its time to kicked that into gear. So with that said...........



(10:15 Pm)

Cleaning out my box of nostalgia,
I stumbled on old road signs from memory lane.
It was populated with various faces and
Kind eyes that were now gone in a blink!
Photographs turned into Negatives
Handwriting that is now an illegible script
For acts I wish had encores
Burnt Bridges Whose Remains Are Forever
Lost in The Tides of Time...
And The Only Food For Thought
I am  Left With ? 
Spoiled pride and awkward "Hello(s)"
I will never utter...
Because they would stand out
Like Technicolor Bows at Black Tie Affiars.


Later That Night....

Looking at a clock with no hands,
Do I even deserve one?
Why didn't it shake  me to see  that my tendency
To "cut off" would leave me with lacerations?
Time reels all wounds...
These passengers.......These Passengers
Have hitchhiked to other sides without...without
Leaving any trails....Man Can Not Live
On Bread Crumbs Alone.

I'm the only one on this road.
I boasted about wanting it to be this way...
Sometimes You Shouldn't
Get What You Wish For....

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that you will be taking a break from poetry for a mintue but I am happy to hear your focus will be your music and book! If your music is anything like your poetry i know the world is in for a real treat.

    ReplyDelete